Montreal, Canada, North America
Functionality Quality Assurance Testers
* この求職の閲覧回数 10328 回 « リストに戻る
Purpose of job
Acting as the game’s first audience, FQA Testers perform a vital role in the testing, tuning, debugging, and suggesting the detailed refinements that ensure the quality and playability of the finished game. The job entails testing games in accordance with detailed test plans and documenting identified issues following Babel and/or Game Publisher defined standards. An ability to follow test plans, game play proficiency, an attention to detail, and the ability to write clear and concise descriptions of problems identified are key skills required for the position.
- Day-to-day execution of assigned testing tasks.
- Determining that observed results match expected results including the following:
- The game play logic behaves as expected
- The game is free of crashes and any visible performance issues;
- Any in-game text is correctly displayed and is linguistically correct;
- The audio is clear, linguistically correct, and corresponds to what is occurring during the game play at that moment;
- Recording the observed results in a test case management database.
- Writing clear and concise bug reports which will allow the developer to re-produce the bug as required and correct the observed behaviour.
- Development of test cases in accordance with Game Design documentation or equivalent.
- Suggesting to the Test Lead alternate test scenarios which may lead to finding more bugs within the game.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Hard-core games player across many game genres and console types.
- Good IT skills specifically: MS Windows, MS-Office suite
- Excellent team work skills
- Highly motivated
- Knowledge and experience of structured testing methodology is highly desirable.
- Understanding of software development process is highly desirable.